Steps to Peace With God
God's Purpose: Peace and Life
God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life - abundant and eternal! The Bible says ...
- "We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." - Romans 5:1
- "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16
- "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." —John 10:10
Why don't most people have this peace and abundant life that God planned for us to have?
The Problem: Our Separation
God created us in His own image to have an abundant life. He did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him. God gave us a will and a freedom of choice. We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today. This results in separation from God. The Bible says ...
- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23
- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
Our Attempts to Reach God...
People have tried in many ways to bridge this gap between themselves and God. The Bible says ...
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." Proverbs 14:12
- "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that He will not hear." Isaiah 59:2
No bridge reaches God ... except One.
God's Bridge: The Cross
Jesus Christ shed His blood, died on the Cross, and rose from the grave. He paid the penalty for our sin and bridged the gap between God and people. The Bible says ...
- "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ." —1 Timothy 2:5
- "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." —1 Peter 3:18
- "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." —Romans 5:8
God has provided The Only Way. Each person must make a choice.
Our Response: Receive Christ
We must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive Him by personal invitation. The Bible says ...
- "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me." —Revelation 3:20
- "Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to
become children of God." —John 1:12
- "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." —Romans 10:9
Where are you? Will you receive Jesus Christ right now? Here is how you can receive Christ:
- Admit your need (I am a sinner).
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.)
Prayer: Pray Now to Receive Jesus Christ
"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins, were resurrected from the dead by the power of God, and that You conquered sin and death. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
God's Assurance: His Word
If you prayed this prayer, and are serious about your commitment to follow Jesus Christ, the Bible says ..
- "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. " —Romans 10:13
Did you sincerely ask Jesus Christ to come into your life? Where is He right now? What has He given you?
- "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." —Ephesians 2:8,9
Receiving Christ, we are born into God's family through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer. This is called regeneration, or the "new birth." This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ! To deepen this relationship you should:
- Read your Bible everyday to know Christ better.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about Christ.
- Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached.
- As Christ's representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
Click here to email us and let us know you have received Jesus Christ! We would like to send you some free material which will help you grow in your new life in Christ!
Steps to Peace With God ~ borrowed from Billy Graham and Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
For more answers to life's hard questions, visit www.truelife.org.